October 14, 2009

Breast Health Awareness

October is widely known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pink ribbons as the symbol, we are encouraged to take notice, to contribute money for a cure, to walk, race, or otherwise focus our attention on Breast Cancer.

As a holistic healer who has quite a bit of background in the power of the mind on mass consciousness, I think the health of all women (and men too) would be better served by focusing on Breast Health Awareness. It is not just an idea that our thoughts generate reality. Our thoughts actually do generate form. What we choose to focus our attention on becomes manifest.

For the past 45 years, money has been pumped into breast cancer research, and to this day, no cure has been found. In fact, over these past many years, survival rates from the disease have changed very little. Women are subjected yearly to exams that actually have been shown to cause cancer. That would be the very popular mammogram, which sends radiation right into sensitive breast tissue. My own doctor told me it was no more radiation than what we get from flying in an airplane. Well, that just might be too much when concentrated solely in sensitive breast tissue. Studies are indicating this is so.

Rates of breast cancer have steadily risen during this same time period. There are several theories for this. In the 1950's we began eating processed food, we were exposed to nuclear reactors and testing like never before, plastics came into vogue, and by the early 1970's the role of women was clearly changing, sending many out to work in the world in addition to caring for children and a home. This increased stress levels. Now, with rates of cancer still on the rise, we live in a toxic environment, lit and scented artificially, our soul needs are neglected, stress levels are off the charts, and we are bombarded daily with the world's fears and problems, something our healthier great grandmothers didn't experience.

Because of the multitude of situations and elements of our modern lives that contribute to the high rates of cancer, I don't believe in sitting back and waiting for modern research to find a cure. It's been 50 years, after all, and nothing yet. Instead, I encourage all women to take a proactive approach to preventing breast cancer. There are so many things you can do to this end. I personally have an endless list which I have written about extensively.

Further, for women (and men too) who already have the disease, there are numerous things that can be done to either reverse it, slow the growth, or heal and enhance the lifestyle. I advise women on this and have written extensively about it as well. So please do not let any woman in your life get a cancer diagnosis and sit in fear wondering what to do. Have them set up a telephone appointment with me. I can be contacted through my website: www.christinagrant.com.

There are so many things one can do to help the situation I can't even explain it all in 300 pages. But you won't hear about them during Breast Cancer Awareness Month because it is pushed by organizations wanting to raise money, not necessarily help you heal. If they wanted to help you prevent or heal, they would be telling you how to do so. And eating more soy isn't the answer.

Because breast health has been an interest of mine for the past 11 years, I have a wealth of information about it. I am in the final stages of a book I've been compiling, on and off, for the past 4 years. In the meantime, until this book is published, I'll be posting information on how to stay healthy or help yourself if you have cancer. I'll post on Facebook too, so if you've got a sister, mother, daughter, girlfriend, wife, or grandmother who is concerned about their own breast health, introduce them to me. My heart is with them. You can also get short messages from me about a holistic approach to wellness on Twitter by following me @DrGrantHolistic.

No woman or man need go through the fear of breast cancer alone, nor should she or he have to wonder what to do to prevent it or deal with it once it has occurred. It is time we focus on health, healing, wholeness, and hope instead of the fear and paralysis that come with the words "breast cancer." Those words provide an opportunity to heal on many levels and a large portion of my work as a healer and writer has been devoted to this opportunity.

Blessings and love for Breast HEALTH Awareness month.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I like your blog, thank you so much for providing valuable information on breast health.

    ReplyDelete