June 19, 2007

Castor Oil Packs - more information

This question about the castor oil packs was sent to my email and I've answered it below.

"I couldn't figure out how to send a message on your blog so I'm writing here. I liked your castor oil article. Where do you put the castor oil towel? If you have stomach problems or liver problems do you put it there? If you have knee aches or hip problems. I wasn't sure. Also do you have to soak the tshirt or just put some on the first layer of the shirt and the other part is just to soak up the extra? What if you just want more energy where do you put it? I want to try this soon. Thanks for the info - looking forward to seeing what results I get."

More Details on How to Use a Castor Oil Pack:

Cotton flannel is often recommended, but I find it to be too rough. I use an old unbleached white t-shirt cut in wide strips and folded in three layers to give it thickness. The packs I use are about 4"x4".

  1. Place the folded cotton on plastic wrap, with the plastic just larger than the cotton piece.
  2. Pour about 2 Tablespoons castor oil over the cotton. I don't heat it first, although some people like to. Do not microwave it. When you place the heating pad over it the oil will spread and saturate the fabric.
  3. Place the pack on the skin, directly on the area of the liver, belly, knee, or breast, for example, oil-side down, plastic on top. The liver packs go on the right side of the abdomen, below the breast.
  4. Put a thin towel over that and cover with a hot water bottle or other heated pack.
  5. Rest for about 30 minutes.
The oil can stain fabric, so when you are finished with the pack, take a shower or wipe the oil away completely.
Be sure to drink plenty of water because although you don't see anything happening, the castor oil is flushing out toxins. You can reuse your pack at least 20 times by keeping it in the refrigerator between uses. Bring it to room temperature before using it.
The towel protects you a bit in case the heating pad is too warm for your skin. Plus it provides another layer of protection for your clothing in case the oil seeps around the plastic, which it occasionally does.
Let me know if you have any further questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment